current version : Xdebug 2
documentation : http://xdebug.org/docs/
Xdebug can be installed through PEAR/PECL
- Xdebug displays stack trace of error.
- Xdebug beautifies output of "var_dump" to make it more readable for debugging purpose.
- Xdebug can log all function calls along with its parameters and return values
- Xdebug allows code coverage analysis to find which line of code has been executed and how many times.
- Xdebug has built-in profiler to optimize code.
- Faster Performance
- Improved Code Readability
- Replace "IF A THEN B " with "(NOT A)or B "
- Replace "IF A THEN B ELSE C " with "((NOT A)or B) AND (A OR C) "
source : SQL WHERE clauses: Avoid CASE, use Boolean logic